Thursday, April 25, 2013

Independent Component 2


LITERAL
(a) “I, Jaime Plascencia, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.”
(b) Petty Officer Valledares 
(c) Mentorship Log (60 hours)
(d) Throughout my mentorship, I have managed to complete many things. For example, thanks to all of the research I gathered about BMT and information on the Navy in general, I have personally benefited from it. I have gone from E-1 to E-3 before even going to training which means I'll be getting paid more from the start and I know I'll have a better income because of this. I've also had a better understanding of how the Navy operates to combat terrorism. For example, I did not know that the Navy had aircraft like the Prowler to disarm any enemy radar to sneak in additional aircraft without being detected. Essentially, I learned how many factions of the Navy work together as one effective unit.   

INTERPRETIVE  


















The picture of the shirt shown above is the same shirt that I use when I go to my DEP meetings and the one that isn't given, it's earned. That's what I was told. After demonstrating that I was a potential candidate to be cleared for full duty, I was given this shirt. Sure it wasn't a difficult task, but it was still one that I had to prepare for as there were some people that were not able to receive this shirt. This shirt means a great deal to me not only because of my Senior Project, but because of the path I'm taking my life in.

The picture below is of my pull up bar. I use this whenever I PT at home. It's simple and practical, and it allows me to get a good workout as I can also attach it to rings on the bottom of my doorway to do curl-ups as well. 




APPLIED

This component has helped support one of my answers. One of my answers is increasing the use of Spec Op forces. They specialize in unconventional warfare which saves many lives. Not every mission would require sending in your normal soldier who isn't as specialized as a SEAL or a SWCC force. By using Spec Ops forces. We can more efficiently eliminate targets that have a huge influence on the opposition for example, the raid on Osama. 

No comments:

Post a Comment