Sunday, May 12, 2013

Exit Interview Questions

(1) What is your essential question?  What is the best answer to your question and why?

 
 My essential question is, "What is the best way for the U.S. Navy to fight the war on terrorism?" My first answer was keeping the use of Navy SEAL forces. My second answer is using specialized aircraft to effectively execute missions.  My third and best answer would have to be keeping the use of Navy SEAL forces. I believe this to be my best answer because where drones and specialized aircraft control the airspace, Navy SEALs have the ability to conduct operations through all fronts of battle, and even occasionally use drones. Their drones are slightly different, as theirs are portable and used mainly for reconnaissance, acting as scouts, and identifying enemy embankments. Aside from a SEAL's versatility, they are also America's elite fighting force. Specializing in unoconventional warfare, they are able to execute missions under complete stealth for snatch and grab situations.  
(2) What process did you take to arrive at this answer?

   
A. As a foundation to my EQ, I basically researched everything I could think of that had to do with the Navy. I went from Basic Military Training, to how the Navy operates and fights around the world.  
B. A few of my potential answers were increasing the use of Spec Ops forces in combat, using advanced aircraft, and engaging in unconventional warfare.

C. Arriving my at my best answer wasn't really to difficult. Because of what I 've already known about the Navy, I knew SEALs were synonymous with being the elite. I decided to research further and sure enough, I discovered why they are known as the best. Their credibility lies in their mission successes.
(3) What problems did you face?  How did you resolve them?

 
 At first, a few problems I faced was trying to figure out exactly who to go to for my mentorship. Since my essential question changed from how to prepare for BMT, to how to fight terrorism, my recruiter wasn't really the person to ask. Instead, I began asking my second mentor, Petty Officer Valledares, who has actually been on a few deployment himself. 
(4) What are the two most significant sources you used to answer your essential question and why?

 
 My most significant source to answer my essential question was a website called navy.mil. On this website, I was able to see the specs and description of various aircraft and naval ships. My second most significant source was sealswcc.com. This website provided complete information on Navy SEALs and SWCC operators. 
(5) What is your product and why?

My product is something I'm very proud of. Throughout the entire Senior Project, I've been able to help myself with my career. Because of the knowledge I gained from the Navy from Senior Project, I was able to already go up in pay grade from E-1 to E-3. I will be getting paid more than others because of the knowledge I've gained. 

No comments:

Post a Comment